Thursday, June 15, 2006

CBNSat Customers it is time to make yourself heard

Well I think it is time for the customers of CBNSat to make themselves heard since this case is dragging on for so long. Call up the TRC and the SLRC and all the relevant authorities and request them to reinstate CBNSat. The TRC is the organisation that has the power to protect the consumer in telecommunication disputes and they are bound to do something.

Lets not scold them. Lets make a request to the highest in the TRC and the SLRC. Waiting till monday is a very long time for all CBNSat customers, while the other operators with the same problem are continuing to broadcast. Do not shut the other broadcasters down.

All CBNSat customers should rise to this occassion and exercise your right as citizens of this country.

This is a request from this blog and not from CBNSat. CBNSat has nothing to do with this request.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear friends !

As you know I cant post my personal details on an open forum like this as most of you people. My account no of CBNSat is 100XX

So you can see i'm one of the very first customers of CBNSat. I invested in it even before they started their operations as I understood this is the latest technology.

And as I see it they were doing a genuine business all this time and their service was superb I must say.

I went to the press conference of CBNSat and seen through my eyes the neccesary approvals they received from BOI, TRC and from the Ministry of Defence.

CBNSat or SonicNet don't need a tv broadcast licence as they are not doing any terrestrial tv broadcasts. They possesed an EGO licence which enables them to carryout their operations. I think there is a misconception in the society that EGO's can do only voice. But you can goto TRC website and read 25,26 pages of EGO licence and see what they can do with that.

TRC is meant to protect us ! The consumers. You could read about us page of TRC and find out for what they are for. But in this case what have they done to protect us ?

And in the BOI approval it is authorised to carryout the operations that the CBNSat was carrying on upto now.

If a such TV of Media licence is needed BOI should guide the investor (CBNSat) to do so. What have BOI done in this regard ? And BOI is to promote the investments that are coming to Sri Lanka and to regulate them according to the countrys law and to protect the investors from these type of baseless allegations. What have they done in this regard ? What is the message they give to the prospective investors of this country ?

Will any investor come here and invest if the situation is going to be like this ?

So as per the judges order if he says CBNSat should be penalised and issue them a licence ASAP.
If this is the case why don't they do it and recommence transmission ?
I beleive TRC and BOI should intervine and act fast to restore the CBNSat services in view of the 20,000+ households. (Approx 100,000+ viewers)

Dear friends if you feel insecure to send me your details please take note of the points I mentioned above and write to TRC, BOI and whoever you think appropriate by your self. But please include the details i've mentioned otherwise they will ignore anonymous messages.

Anonymous said...

666 It's the sign of the devil thay say.. What devil's work had been done in Sri Lanka on 06/06/06 ?? CBN Sat got baned!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I called the fellows working at the TRC and when I say I need to speak to some one in authority regarding the CBNSat matter they say that they are not authorised to say anything regarding this. When I requested them that I want to make make a complaint regarding our grievances they cut off the line.

Is this the consumer protection offered by the TRC. How the hell are we to trust the authority that looks after or supposed to look after our interests. I encourage all of you to call them and become a pain in the neck sorry ass to them

Anonymous said...

I read an article in todays Lankadeepa news paper saying the judge will order the restarting of CBNsat services if it obtain the neccesary licence according to CID. Then CID has said if CBNSat apply for a licence they can consider giving that

That mean the case can be further delayed by CID. I beleive nothing will happen on Monday too. CID have asked for 2 weeks to give their report. But the Judge have ordered to submit it to court on Monday.

Monday CID will come and tell another story to drag the case for sure.

Anonymous said...

I confirm that LBN is offline too. From the last evening LBN transmission was stopped. CID can shut down comet also at any moment !

But lucky for our man Hulla SATNET cannot be shut down. Even if CID seals their office the transmission will go on as in is beamed to Sri Lanka from India & Hong Kong.

I think this bugger is going to shut down all the other operators to create him a monopoly

Anonymous said...

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT,

HIS EXCELLENCY MR. MAHINDA RAJAPAKSA, IT'S UPTO YOU NOW TO LOOK INTO OUR GRIEVANCES. WE ALL KNOW THIS IS A HARD TIME FOR YOUR GOVERNMENT. ON TOP OF THAT THIS WHOLE ISSUE OF CBNSAT AND CABLE TV IS UNWANTED TROUBLE.

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AND WORK IN THE INTEREST OF THE MASSES. WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A PEOPLES MAN THE YOU HAVE THE SENSES TO FEEL THE PULSE OF THE SRI LANKANS.

THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS CREATED BY ONE MAN AND YOU WILL KNOW BY NOW WHO HE IS. AND YOU DEFINITELY GOT TO KNOW THE PAST OF THIS INDIVIDUAL. IF YOUR GOVERNMENT GOES ON WITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS IT WILL BE OVER SOON.

SO WE URGE YOU AGAIN TO LOOK INTO THIS PROBLEM IMPARTIALLY AND GIVE JUSTICE TO 100,000'S OF CBNSAT VIEWERS AND OTHER CABLE TV VIEWERS.

MAY NOBLE TRIPLE GEM BLESS YOU IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS !

Anonymous said...

Dear Friends,

I have to give you some dissapointing news. I got in contact with a government official who works closely with TRC. He said that the government will not issue the neccesary licences to CBNSat.

This is not a joke or a prank. I just inform you to know. Now CID is trying to tie this case with the terrorists and they will say that a satellite operation from Sri Lanka will not be permitted.

This is serious !

There is no doubt that if CBNSat is linked with terrorists it should be banned for the countrys security but that should be based on the facts. Not on fiction !

Anonymous said...

Do not trust government official's word that CBN will not be back. We are talking about a court order here. If the court orders the TRC to issue the licence and TRC agrees without objection, they have to issue as promised. They can not play with 25000 customers. And CID can jabber bullshit about LTTE allegations as they like, but they will have a hard time proving them as i am confident that CBNsat is 100% clean.

I am very happy to see customers putting pressure on TRC/SLRC and CID in this matter. Keep it up brothers and you will get CBNsat back in air in no time.

Even the government has to obey the court. Hope keeps everything alive.

FMM said...

FMM statement:

The Free Media Movement is extremely concerned about the arbitrary decision taken by the authorities to seal the private satellite broadcasting station CBN Sat on the night of Tuesday June 6 2006.

This company has been broadcasting in Sri Lanka for over one year and has publicly advertised their services. Many Sri Lankans who wish to watch satellite broadcast programmes including foreign news and entertainment have availed of their services. If there were any allegations as to the legality of this enterprise, it is surely surprising that it has taken so long for the authorities to take action against them. The rumours that have emerged around the sudden suspension of CBN SAT services on the eve of the World Football Cup matches regarding business rivalries as being at the root of the government’s decision are extremely worrying and need to be immediately refuted by those in charge.

The Free Media Movement strongly defends the right of all those living in Sri Lanka to have access to the highest available forms of communication and information technology.

We call on the government and the authorities concerned to take immediate steps to restore access to the clients of CBN SAT and to ensure that the rights to information and knowledge of Sri Lankan citizens are protected.

The Free Media Movement calls on the government to follow due processes of investigation to affirm that the company abides by all rules and regulations governing broadcasting in Sri Lanka, and to proceed with prosecution if it is found that they have indeed acted in violation of such rules and regulations.

FMM said...

FMM statement:

The Free Media Movement is extremely concerned about the arbitrary decision taken by the authorities to seal the private satellite broadcasting station CBN Sat on the night of Tuesday June 6 2006.

This company has been broadcasting in Sri Lanka for over one year and has publicly advertised their services. Many Sri Lankans who wish to watch satellite broadcast programmes including foreign news and entertainment have availed of their services. If there were any allegations as to the legality of this enterprise, it is surely surprising that it has taken so long for the authorities to take action against them. The rumours that have emerged around the sudden suspension of CBN SAT services on the eve of the World Football Cup matches regarding business rivalries as being at the root of the government’s decision are extremely worrying and need to be immediately refuted by those in charge.

The Free Media Movement strongly defends the right of all those living in Sri Lanka to have access to the highest available forms of communication and information technology.

We call on the government and the authorities concerned to take immediate steps to restore access to the clients of CBN SAT and to ensure that the rights to information and knowledge of Sri Lankan citizens are protected.

The Free Media Movement calls on the government to follow due processes of investigation to affirm that the company abides by all rules and regulations governing broadcasting in Sri Lanka, and to proceed with prosecution if it is found that they have indeed acted in violation of such rules and regulations.

Anonymous said...

I think they'll drag the case further. Because the customer pressure is low.

We have to keep on pestering the neccesary authorities to get CBN soon.

Dear fellow Subscribers ! Noe that the offices are closed for the weekend. Call, fax or email to the contacts on this site.

Lets fill their mailboxes, finish their fax rolls by Monday.

TRC, BOI & SLRC have become a pain to us ! Let's now be a pain to them till they give our CBN back

Anonymous said...

I AM SURE THAT IF THERE WAS AN ELECTION THIS ISSUE WOULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED LONG AGO AND CAN BET YOU ANYTHING THE "THE great man WITH THE chintahanaya WOULD HAVE PERSONNALY SEEN TO IT. PITY THERE IS NO ELCTION....BUT WHEN THE TIME COMES I KNOW WHO I AM VOTEING FOR....AND IF THE REST OF YOU HAVE ANY DIGNITY YOU WILL TAKE A LESSON FROM THIS AND NOT VOTE BUGGERS WHO LET THEIR HENCHMEN ABUSE POWER.